- Create a new Web application on the destination server.
- Go to central admin --> content database . Click on the new web app content db.
- Remove the content db.
- Go to SQL server mgmt studio and create a new db with the same name as the content db backup you are having.
- After creation right click restore. Choose the backup file location. From the options tab choose 'overwrite'.
- Restore this db backup.
- Go to central admin --> content database again and select ' add a content db ' to the web application.
- specify the name of the restored db.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
How to restore site using content db only
To restore a site on the same or different machine using the content db backup follow the steps given below:
Share your SharePoint Experiences with us...
As good as the SharePointKings is, we want to make it even better. One of our most valuable sources of input for our Blog Posts comes from ever enthusiastic Visitors/Readers. We welcome every Visitor/Reader to contribute their experiences with SharePoint. It may be in the form of a code stub, snippet, any tips and trick or any crazy thing you have tried with SharePoint.
Send your Articles to email@example.com with your Profile Summary. We will Post them. The idea is to act as a bridge between you Readers!!!
If anyone would like to have their advertisement posted on this blog, please send us the requirement details to firstname.lastname@example.org